Monday, October 5, 2015

Distress Ink Blends - No. 1

If you've ever made a card or a journal page, you know much of the work goes into creating an amazing background.  I've been working on blending combinations with my Distress Ink pads and cataloging them so I can refer to them easily for future reference.  I will be sharing these Distress Ink Blends on my blog so you can see which colors work well with one another.  Now I'm certainly not saying I'm the only one who has put these colors together.  More than likely you have seen other crafters use the same colors together.  I'm just cataloging them all here on my blog in case you're interested in taking a look and maybe using these combinations on a project you're working on.

I use one color in the combination to act as the "blending" ink.  For instance, in the first combination below I used Tumbled Glass to do the overall blending.  I always use the lightest color as the "blending" ink.  I sort of look at this color as the boss that blends everyone together, so to speak.



Tumbled Glass - "Blending Ink"
Mermaid Lagoon
Salty Ocean
Faded Jeans

You can find all my Distress Ink Blends here.


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this combination of blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great colours, I tried them in my art journal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found you off of Pinterest. LOVE this blending of blues. LOVE this tag, great background. I am just getting into inks and things and have fallen in love with the distress inks especially the Oxides! Thank you for sharing this wonderful tag.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...