Monday, August 7, 2017

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Happy 7th Birthday, Simon Says Stamp



Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you had an awesome weekend and you're ready to celebrate Simon Says Stamp's 7th Birthday with us. This week we're asking you to help us celebrate Simon's birthday with a card, tag, or anything else you can think of with Happy Birthday as your theme. We're also featuring Simon Says Stamp exclusive products, so if you have them on hand, get them out and start creating! Oh, AND to celebrate, Simon is giving away, not one but, TWO $50 gift vouchers to their amazing store this week, how fun is that!!! Yippee!



I created my card using a ton of Simon goodies. It's an easy card to put together and below there's a small tutorial on how I created the bright and cheerful party background.

Also, please join me in welcoming Simona Rebecchi from Ginny and the Sheep as our guest designer for the month of August. You'll love her style and she's a real sweetheart. Enjoy!






I started with a 4-3/4" x 6-3/4" piece of Bristol Watercolor Paper and applied Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry and Spun Sugar in random areas on the paper using a mini ink blending tool.





I cut some Simon Says Stamp Curly Streamers from Neenah Solar White 110 lb. card stock and adhered them onto the card panel with Ranger Multi Matte Medium.





Next, I stenciled on the Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow stencil with Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste. I set it aside to completely dry while I worked on the flowers for the card.





To create the flowers, I stamped two flowers onto a small piece of Bristol watercolor paper with Versamark Embossing Ink and sprinkled on some Ranger black embossing powder. I heat that with a heat tool. I then colored the flowers with Broken China and Twisted Citron Distress Inks. I outlined the flowers with a pencil so I had a line to follow when cutting them out.





Here are the flowers after I cut them out.





To finish the card, I created a banner using the Simon Says Stamp Basic Banner die set cut from Simon Says Stamp Black card stock. I adhered the banner to the panel in the top portion of the card. I added a thin strip of My Favorite Things Razzle Berry card stock to the bottom portion of the black banner. I then stamped "Happy Birthday" from the Simon Says Stamp Big Scripty Greetings in Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink and cut out the words around the edges of the letters. I inked the edges with black ink and adhered them to a piece of Simon Says Stamp Black card stock cutting around the sentiment to leave a small black border. I adhered the number 7 from the Tim Holtz Alphanumeric die set inked with the same colors as I used in my background. I adhered the flowers in the bottom left corner with 3d foam tape and some clear sequins for sparkle and my card is done.

I hope you enjoyed seeing the process I used to create my card for the Happy Birthday challenge and that you join us for this fun challenge by adding your project to Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge Blog.

For more inspiration, tips and tricks for all types of papercraft creations, follow Simon Says Stamp on:


 https://www.instagram.com/simonsaysstamp/  Image result for small facebook icon  Image result for small pinterest icon  Image result for small twitter icon  Image result for small youtube icon  


You can find all the following supplies I used to create this project at Simon Says Stamp:









13 comments:

  1. The background with so vibrant blended colors is amazing. I love the falling snow dots and all the white and black details against this colorful background. Have a happy week! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Cathie :-) I love the colourful background, the colours are awesome and I love the curly streamers, I need to get me that die, the whole design of this is so pretty! LOVE it :-)

    Happy 7th Birthday!! :-) It is such a pleasure to be on the team with you! you are such a lovely teamie and a fabulous inspiration, I have learned such a lot from you THANK YOU XXX

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a happy, cheerful card Cathie! YOU are a sweetheart!!! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright white party streamers against the vivid colours - what an eye-catching card... definitely a party going on!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is like a party, Cathie! I love the orange and pink combo with the streamers and beautiful blue flowers. Gorgeous!! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the design and warm blended background, Cathie! Wowza!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card Cathie...love the brightcolours and those ribbons just finish it off perfectly...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Cathie love these bold colors, fantastic color palette and design! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Cathie and I love the beautiful and vibrant colour palette, it's just gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your gorgeous card, Cathie. The colors you created on the background are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You are a master of supplies! I would've never thought to use the snow stencil like confetti. It is gorgeous and I love the pairing of the brights with the whites!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous background! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...