Thursday, January 26, 2017

With Coffee Anything Is Possible - Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit

Hi Everyone! Today I created a card using the Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit - Coffee, Tea and Cocoa. I changed the coffee cup die up a bit.  Instead of holding hearts, which is part of the die, I had the coffee cups holding donuts. Who doesn't love coffee and donuts?? Join me as I show you how I put this card together and got those cute little donuts in the hands of the coffee cups. Enjoy!






I cut a 5" x 7" piece of the kraft card stock that comes in the kit.





I cut two panels from the 6x6 patterned papers that come in the kit and chose to use a diagonal striped pattern.





I cut a scalloped frame using the Pretty Pink Posh Scalloped Frame die set.





I added a backing for the frame using Neenah Solar White 110 lb. card stock.





I cut the smaller frame from the same scalloped frame die set from the donut patterned paper that comes in the kit.





Next, I cut the frame in half.





I have all the pieces for the base panel for the card and start to put everything together. Here, I add the diagonal patterned papers to the top and bottom of the kraft 5" x 7" base.





Next, I add the frame that was cut in half as shown above.





I add the larger frame to the center of the panel adhering it with 3d foam tape to give the card a little dimension. This completes the base for my card.





I want the coffee cups to hold donuts instead of hearts because I love coffee and donuts. (Wish I could eat them every day!!) I cut out three donuts from the patterned paper as they fit perfectly in the hands of the coffee cup dies.





Here, you can see how perfectly they fit.





I add the sentiment to a small tag that comes on one of the patterned pieces of paper in the kit and stamp that on with Tree Branch Archival Ink.





Here again is the completed card. I use 3d foam tape to add the coffee cups to the left side of the inside frame and add some glitter hearts to the background that come in the kit. I love this kit and have plans to make many, many cards with it so stay tuned.

***Update****

This card kit is sold out. But you can find the coffee cup die and the stamp set by clicking on the links below:






1 comment:

  1. Love your coffee card, a theme after my own heart....And doughnuts, too - heavenly. Thanks for all the nice comments you left on my bog from Simon Says. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...