Monday, June 13, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - World Traveler

Hi Everyone!







Welcome to another amazing week of mixed media fun for Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge. Our theme this week is, "World Traveler". I have to admit I had a tough time with this one. I struggled with each component in my mind and nothing was coming together the way I wanted it to but I stuck with it and I was pleased with my final project. It's a little out of my comfort zone being that I chose a very masculine design and color palette. I hope you enjoy seeing my process.






I began by cutting a 6x8 piece of white chipboard and a sheet of Tim Holtz Plain Tissue Paper  slightly larger.





I stamped one of the images from the Tim Holtz Ledger Script stamp set onto the tissue paper with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink and set that aside.





I brushed the chipboard with Tim Holtz Distress Vintage Collage Medium.





While the collage medium was still wet, I laid the stamped tissue paper on top of the chipboard and brushed more Distress collage medium over the top making sure to use even strokes so the tissue paper wouldn't wrinkle.





When the collage medium was completely dry, I cut off the excess from the edges and stamped some images from the Tim Holtz Paris Memoir stamp set using Ranger Orange Blossom and Tree Branch Archival Inks.





When the archival ink was completely dry, I stenciled on the Tim Holtz Burlap and Dot Fade Layering Stencils in random areas using Paper Artsy Grunge Paste. When the paste was dry, I edged the perimeter with Jet Black Archival Ink.





I began working on some of the elements for my panel and decided to use the Tim Holtz Cruise Ship and Train Engine images.  Here, I show you how I cut out the ship image. First, I used a pencil to go around the image following the ships lines. I did the same with the train engine.





I then cut along the lines with my Tim Holtz Scissors and then erased any pencils marks that were left behind. I then edged the image all around with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I did the same with the train engine.





Next, I began making my ticket frame by using the Tim Holtz Big Ticket die and cut the design out of a sheet of Kraft-Core Nostalgic card stock within the color palette of my project.





I embossed the inside of the ticket using the Tim Holtz Eiffel Tower embossing folder.





I went over the embossed image with the Tim Holtz Sanding Grip Block Tool to expose the kraft core.





I replaced the outer edge of the frame and turned the card stock around so the kraft side would be exposed.





I cut out the word "Traveler" from one of the pieces of card stock in the Tim Holtz Mini 8x8 Paper Stash Collage collection. I then cut two edge pieces from the Tim Holtz Torn Notebook die and attached them to the bottom and bottom of the Traveler card stock piece. I edged the torn edge pieces with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.





I stamped Tim Holtz Bon Voyage onto manila paper and used the same Tim Holtz Torn Notebook die to get my torn edges. I then inked the edges with Rusty Hinge and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.





I made a few more stamped images to add to my ticket and some numbers for the ticket from Tim Holtz Typeset Alphas & Numbers thinlits die set. I laid everything down on my panel and for the finishing touch I dusted on some Prima Gold Rush Glass Glitter on some of the edges adhering it with a light brushing of Ranger Multi Matte Medium.




Here again is my final project:




I hope you enjoyed seeing how I created my "World Traveler" panel and that you join us this week in all the fun. Add your project to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and you could win a $50 gift voucher to their amazing store. I can't wait to see what you create!




For more inspiration, tips and tricks for all types of papercraft creations, follow Simon Says Stamp on:


  Image result for small facebook icon  Image result for small pinterest icon  Image result for small twitter icon  Image result for small youtube icon  


You can find all the following supplies I used to create this project at Simon Says Stamp:




I have included several different stamps sets where you can find the images I used for my project.







12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous panel Cathie! I love the whole design of this, I almost feel like I am on a world cruise! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ledger script on the tissue paper - what a great idea - and the vivid glow of the colours here is fabulous. Great texture from the stencilling and the glass glitter too - very cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous design, Cathie! I really love seeing how it all came together!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tutorial and your canvas! Both are wonderful! I love so much the bright colors and your use of stamps is incredible! Absolutely stunning project! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tutorial and your canvas! Both are wonderful! I love so much the bright colors and your use of stamps is incredible! Absolutely stunning project! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this project Cathie...you totally nailed your"out of your comfort zone" adventure...thanks for sharing the tutorial...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I always love me a good masculine-themed card and this certainly delivers! I love how it's macho, yet still really gorgeous to look at. Your eye for texturing and combining patterns is always a treat to see and this is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you took a step back in time with this in both the colors and images! Great masculine card, you did an awesome job with this Cathie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a gorgeous creation, Cathie. I really love the beautiful embellishments and the fabulous vintage effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing project, Cathie! Love the travel theme! Love the browns with the little touches of orange. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous project, Cathie and I love how you've created the vintage background with the tissue paper...gorgeous work, as always! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely vintage project! Love all the warm colors. Great background which in some parts looks like leather! Beautiful one! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...